Sunday 22 March 2015

Writing and Reading with Julie

Carter and Kyree have been working really hard on their reading and writing with Julie. Here are some of their amazing stories...

FIJI
I looked at the cool tricks with the stick by the Fijian people. I got on the stage and I danced with my friends. Some boys were playing the drums behind the trees. The next day I played mini golf with Dad and Jessie and Gareth. I paid my mum’s money and we got a tennis racquet and tennis ball. I won my first game with Mum. 

RELAY FOR LIFE
On Saturday I did Relay for Life and I ran six laps. The next day the track was all muddy because it rained on it. My Dad’s Dad played the drums in the band. I had a hot dog and some hot chips and a soda drink.

MARAE TRIP
On Thursday I am going on a marae trip and my Dad is coming. I am going on a bus with my buddies and I wonder where I will eat?
 By Carter

THINGS I KNOW ABOUT ANIMALS
Penguins can wobble in the ice, and roll.
Tigers have sharp teeth and they eat meat.
The lions eat meat and they fight with tigers.
Giraffes are tall and eat leaves up high.
Rhinos eat grass and they have sharp horns.
Cheetahs can run fast and catch food for their babies.
Zebras have stripey legs and backs.
Pigs like to go in the mud and they live on a farm.

OTHER STORIES
Dad had a cake at bedtime.
Mum dropped lollies on my head and she had to pick them up!
I have a walkie talkie and Lyric has one at home too.
I am going to the zoo in the holidays to see the lions.
By Kyree


Check out their blogs for some more of their writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment